Have you ever Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure? Peer pressure reflects the influence of peers on an individual. It can be directly or indirectly in both manners. Peer refers to the masses or people with whom one is . Peers are usually based on the group of people who are in a connection or a relationship with an individual. Peers typically possess
the same kind of status as compared to their audience or the ones getting influenced.
A great example of understanding the influence of peers is the influencers who are influencing people on social media platforms massively. Companies pay them a higher ransom to showcase their interest in the products of a particular company. This is done because the choice of influencers deeply affects their followers, and that is how pressure is created on the followers.
This can be considered a true example of paper pressure. Even the influencers have yet to determine who will be impressed by them. This peer pressure can be active and passive in both forms. Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure look for both side of the picture.
Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure
However when you Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure. Peer pressure is exerted in two ways; one of the most common ways is dynamic peer pressure, and the other is passive peer pressure. To understand the difference between both of these pressures, have a look below:
Active Peer Pressure:
This is a form of pressure resulting from Someone’s direct work and interaction. This is based on the aspect of the reality that comes into the practice of the one-to-one teaching or motivation of Someone.
The best example of active peer pressure is to consider the advice of a doctor to a patient. When a patient visits a doctor, so the doctor prescribes them some cautions. In other words, the doctor is convincing him to do something, or so to say, trying to influence him by employing active pressure.
Another example can be convincing a friend to another friend for going abroad. This is a kind of peer pressure which is done on Someone to persuade him for the stuff which others desire them to do so. This peer pressure is commonly found and can be witnessed in many places.
Passive Peer Pressure:
Passive peer pressure is the presence of pressure which is the outcome of the pressure due to the society or circle of friends. This kind of peer pressure is exerted by creating an atmosphere in community. It can also be initiated by making some trends. Having customs and cultural values can also put passive peer pressure on a person. This also affects an individual, and sometimes the amount of
pressure through the passive pressure is more than the active pressure.
Impacts of Peer Pressure:
When you Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure then you come to know that Peer pressure also has an impact, just like everything we do or listen to an effect so the same is the case with peer pressure. Peer pressure can have an influence more than any other thing. Peer pressure is usually considered to have a negative impact, but that is not the only case. It can have both positive and negative effects. How peer pressure can have a positive or negative impact is discussed below:
Positive Impacts of Peer Pressure:
- One of the most influential impacts of peer pressure is that you can build up a social community of like-minded people. You can get things done with feasibility to share this with your community.
- Another positive impact of peer pressure is that it can make it easier for students to get involved in the study. A student who does not show much interest in studies but, due to peer pressure, is bound to attend school. He will even study, and then again, due to peer pressure, the student will try to score well.
- With the help of positive peer pressure, one is forced to behave well with everyone. Although the person might be an introvert but still due to peer pressure, he is being forced to have good behavior’s with others. Therefore, kindness and compassion can also be the result of peer pressure.
- When living with friends or in a community, one is bound to have communication with fellow beings. TI can also force Someone to be good so that his social contacts not be disturbed. This can be understood in a way that by offering some of the valuable concerns, one can also make an appointment with the physician. This is the best positive impact of peer pressure.
Negative Peer Pressure:
- The negative impact of peer pressure is that it can affect a person’s thinking. When Someone wants to live his life following his wish. Sometimes, peer pressure bounds a person to do some thing just because it is the need of society, whether it is going to be by the will of the doer or not. It also can be why people get frustrated due to the negative peer pressure of society, and they destroy norms. So, people who are unable to deal with negative peer pressure can also be the victim of anxiety, depression and many other such issues.
- Some of the time, it is observed that people who are part of society start acting the same way. The best example of this can be found by analyzing the criminals. Not all criminals do something due to their own will but because the society they are connected with demands them to do something bad. That is what turns into a bad thing and makes them criminals as well. This is the biggest example of the negative impact of peer pressure. Therefore, criminals have gangs with the same goals and do destructive activities collectively. This all reflects the adverse effects of peer pressure.
- Peer Pressure can also exert a negative impact based on the most influential aspect. This can be considered as one of the fatal aspects that peer pressure also puts the lives of the innocents at risk by indulging them in medicine. This can be observed in the discipline of their societal protocols. Most addicted patients can be diagnosed, and upon inquiring, it can be found that they are victims of the drugs due to their community’s needs. The wrong communities and societies make massive losses for the people. This is considered the most significant loss of the negative impact of peer pressure because addiction can be adopted ,quickly but it takes years to come out. People find it hard to come out from habit and cure themselves. Coming back to normality is hard after getting into the addiction. Some people even die due to addiction, but the ultimate cause is peer pressure.
How can friends best counteract the negative influence of peer pressure?
Friends are the best resource for Someone who acts as an asset in a time of need. Although the negative influence of peer pressure is acknowledged and the indent is more robust, it can still be controlled. The negative impact of peer pressure can be examined. This comes with the practice of getting into the likelihood of peer pressure. Friends can be the best counteract to deal with the negative influence of
Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure when you see it in eyes of friendship
Friends are the trustworthy source of support and help to people. Friends provide compassion and acknowledge the strengths of Someone’s inner soul. They said such words which provide support. They bring someone to such places which can help in changing minds and behaviour. In short, friends can make a positive impact by offering positive peer pressure so that this can counteract the negative
influence of peer pressure. The negative effect can be replaced easily by the positive ,impact which friends can provide. That is how friends can be the best to counteract the negative influence of peer pressure. They are the best medicine and therapy for making Someone feels good.
How can friends best counteract the positive influence of peer pressure?
Friends can also counteract the positive influence if Someone has developed positive intentions and thoughts due to society or any other reason, so this positive impact of peer pressure can also have adverse effects. This can also be counteracted with friends when friends can influence to counteract the negative influent so they can also control for positive impact. This can be understood that when the influence of friends occurs so this ultimately makes a result a person to get indulge in immoral activities as well. They can turn a person with a positive mindset into a bad one. Therefore, friends have a significant influence, and one should choose his friends wisely.
Some ways to deal with Peer Pressure:
Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure. If you are being influenced by peer pressure, then you must get indulge with the peer pressure, so instead of getting tensed, there are some ways to beat peer pressure. Some of the methods which help cope with peer pressure are discussed below:
Follow the instincts:
If you are entangled in an unfavorable situation, the best solution is to follow your instincts. You can call any of your friends when you need help. You can contact your parents or relatives to escape such a situation. Also, you can opt for another method to deal with peer pressure. If you feel uncomfortable with the presence of some people, then try to avoid them. You might miss their community or pay visits to them few and far between. Also, you can start using your smartphone while surrounded by them. These gestures will provide you with immense help to get rid of such a situation.
Although as we Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure we need to follow our heart as well Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure. Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure. Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure. Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure.
Bringing Someone with you:
Another method which can be helpful is that when you are going somewhere and feels that the negative influence will be there so, do not go alone. Always bring a friend or a cousin with you over there. This will be helpful, and the others may react differently when founding you in this situation. Therefore, this has a different impact and influence.
Learn to Say ‘No”
Another method is to be strong enough to deal with such situations efficiently. You must adapt to the problem so that it should not undercover you. You should be able to control the situation efficiently.
You must come into power so that you can provide a solid response to the problem which is unpleasant for you. For instance, if you are going somewhere and you know they will insist you are drinking Alcohol, but you are not up to having Alcohol, so, learn to say “No”. Your health is more valuable than being adaptable without thinking about the situation. Try to convince them to give weightage to your stance as you try to understand them. If you feel they know your view and not forcing it, then it’s okay; otherwise, try to leave that society and community. Try to come out from there and never go back. That is how you can deal with peer pressure.
If you are entangled in a situation or you are already facing a negative peer pressure then the best way to deal with his pressure is to take some advice. You can take advice from an expert professional or a friend. Even in some cases taking advice from parents is the best and prior way to deal with the peer pressure. By taking advice, you can bring new ideas to deal with the peer pressure and this will be
helpful for you in many ways. This could be value added in your daily life because dealing with peer pressure is the need of hour at present. Having research on internet can also bring comfort if that is being done rightly and you are going to search with best keywords. Check out the reviews of people from all around the globe and face the challenge.
Compare And Contrast the difference between active peer pressure and passive peer pressure always look for positive as well as negative effects of peer pressure.
Peer Pressure has positive and negative impacts, but one should be able to deal with negative peer pressure. One must be able to face negative peer pressure and should not allow himself to be part of a society where negative peer pressure will make an impact. Try to be in a situation and place where the positive impact is welcome, and the negative impact is avoided. Otherwise, try to avoid the negative
influence of peer pressure.
To Read about role of mental health in education click here